The RCTrms has an industry standard 4-20mA output making it ideal for process control, status alarming or system monitoring purposes.
The RCTrms is an ac current transducer for permanent installation.
Simple to install and easy to retrofit it combines the benefits of a thin, flexible, clip-around Rogowski (sense) coil with a signal conditioner providing accurate, true rms measurement, of ac current.
Typically the RCTrms is used with SCADA systems, PLCs, data loggers and protection equipment.
- Traceable calibration (certificate included)
- No magnetic materials means excellent linearity < 0.2% reading
- Fully isolated measurement
- Isolated power supply 2kVdc
- Coil rated at 2kVpeak (withstand test is 4kVrms / 50Hz / 60 sec)
- Small DIN rail (or panel mount) enclosure - UL94 V-0 rated
Standards and Approvals
- CE marked
- Complies with EMC EN 61326-1 2006
- Complies with IEC61010-1:2001
- Rated current (rms): 100Arms to 50kArms
- Rated output (Full scale FS): 4 to 20mA
- Output limit:150% FS (28mA)
- Supply voltage (wide input): 12Vdc (-10%) to 24Vdc (+20%)
- Maximum input power: 0.7W (at rated output)
- Operating temperature range:
-5℃ to +65℃ (Integrator electronics)
-20℃ to +80℃ (Coil and cable)
- Bandwidth (-3dB): 2Hz to 100kHz
- Max. Response time (10 to 90%): 1000ms
- Accuracy (typ.): ±1.5% of reading
- Output load: < 300 ohm
- Coil Length: 300mm, 500mm or 700mm (Custom lengths available)
- Cable Length (coil to integrator): 1m or 2.5m (Custom lengths available)
- IP65 die-cast aluminium panel mount enclosure (previously known as the IRF)
- Isolated BNC-BNC cable split option between coil and electronics to enable ease of installation e.g. threading through existing conduit. Standard cable permanently fixed.